Hydrating and moisturizing both are same, which means to restore the moisture of your hair. Most of the time women face hydration problem in winters because of the dryness in surroundings. A gland named sebaceous is responsible for shielding our hair by feeding the nutrients it needs. The malfunctioning of this gland leads to dryness which is the root cause of hydration. For shiny and healthy hair, sebaceous should be in appropriate functioning condition. You can adopt the following methods to recover the functioning of sebaceous which in turn help in moisturizing or hydrating your hair.
Essential Fatty Acids: There are some fatty acids which must exist in our diet for better nourishment of our hair. You can get the essential fatty acids from fish, avocado and olives. Try to accommodate these in your diet.
Drinking Water: Using up of water adds to cell turnover, making your hair look softer, shiner and healthier. Silica: Silica is a hale and hearty nutrient that helps your hair in making shiny. Silica is found in potatoes, asparagus and cucumbers.
Less shampooing: Many people think that shampooing your hair daily is good which is not true. Daily shampooing strips off the natural oil from our hair. Daily shampooing means over washing and over washed hair get oily faster which is due to the extraction of natural oil. One should shampoo twice or trice a week to retain the natural moisture of hair.
Short your Shower Time: Prolonged disclosure to hot water can dehydrate your hair out. Splurge less time in the hot shower for your hair and even skin in winters.
Cover your Head While Going Outdoors: In winter try to cover you head with hat or cap to save your scalp from dryness. Covering head also helps to maintain your scalp’s moisture.
For better results you can try the following homemade hair masks too.
Homemade Hair Masks:
- Mask for Strength – Take capsules of vitamin A and E, one of each and convert to powder form. Now add one tablespoon of yogurt, 1 ½ tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Mixture of mask is ready. Apply on dry hair and leave up to two hours for better results. This mask gives strength to the roots.
- Mask for Shine –Take an apple or banana or any other fruit of your choice, crush it and mix it with thick yogurt till the mixture becomes smooth. Apply for the restoration of shine of your hair.
- Routine Mask – Take an egg yolk, add a little yogurt along with 3 tablespoon of olive oil and apply on hair. Wash it off with shampoo. You can use this mask twice a week before shampooing.
- Special Nourishing Mask – This mask involves ingredients that help your hair to nourish. Take roasted pumpkin, 1-2 crushed apples, and half cup of grape juice, mix these altogether. Then add one egg yolk with one tablespoon of honey. Take shampoo after 1 hour of applying.
- Italian Mask – Take mayonnaise of any brand and apply on your hair from roots to tip then cover your hair with aluminum foil and then with a towel. Leave it for at least 80 minutes and then shampoo your hair. You can attempt this after 15 days.
Categories: Hair Care