Nasal congestion is the barrier of the nasal channels generally in line for to cover the nose which sometimes become enflamed after swollen blood vessels.
Nasal Congestion Symptoms:
“Sinusitis, difficulty breathing, exacerbation of asthma, and sleep deprivation may all be associated with congestion,” says Neil Schachter, MD, medical director of the respiratory care department at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
- Blocked nose
- Difficulty in sleeping, smelling or eating with a closed mouth
- Reduced hearing ability
Nasal Congestion Causes:
“Your doctor may also ask questions about pre-existing conditions that could make congestion symptoms more serious, or about medications, like steroids and certain anti-hypertensives, that could make symptoms worse,” says Schachter.
- Inflammation of blood vessels in the nasal passage
- Swelling in the nasal cavity
- Excessive production of mucus
- Sinus, cold and influenza are other causes
Treating Nasal Congestion Through Medical Experts:
“Chicken soup is particularly effective because it contains ingredients that help reduce the inflammatory mediators, or bad chemicals, that inflame nasal tissues and swell blood vessels, which causes congestion,” says Schachter.
Natural Home Remedy Using Tomatoes, Butter, Black Pepper Powder and Garlic:
- Crush 3 tomatoes
- Boil them in 1 glass of water for 10-15 min
- Add 1 tsp of butter
- Add ½ tsp of black pepper powder
- Add ½ tsp of garlic paste
- Mix well
- Have this 3 times a day
Natural Home Remedy Using Black Pepper Powder:
- Heat black pepper powder on a pan for 2 min
- Inhale the fumes
Natural Home Remedy Using Carom Seeds:
- Crush 2 tbsp of carom seeds
- Place in a cloth
- Hold this near the nose and inhale
- Repeat 3 times a day
- Eating hot and spicy food clears nasal congestion
Categories: Homemade Tips